A follow follow-to-unlock gate is an option used to lock specific content items in exchange for follows or engagements on social media platforms. You might know them as "Social Gates" or "Download Gates".
You can add a follow-to-unlock gate when creating or editing a content item. This way, only users who complete an action, such as following you on Twitter will be able to access the content.
How do I add a follow-to-unlock gate?
When creating or editing a content item:
1. Scroll down to "Follow-to-unlock"
2. In the field that says "Enabled" click on "Yes"
3. Click on "Add action" and choose a follow-to-unlock option such as "Follow user" (You can add a maximum of 5 interactions per social media platform)
What do I fill in?
For Twitter, simply add the Twitter username you want your fans to follow in exchange for the content item.
• Example: twitter.com/fangageofficial
• The Twitter username is fangageofficial
For Spotify, choose between "Follow user", "Follow artist", or "Follow playlist".
Add the user ID, artist ID, or playlist ID, depending on whether you want your fans to follow your user profile, your artist profile, or a playlist.
Your user ID is found by visiting your Spotify profile and copying the code behind open.spotify.com/user/
• Example: open.spotify.com/user/11133693536
• The user ID is 11133693536
Your artist ID is the code behind open.spotify.com/artist/
• Example: open.spotify.com/artist/20gsENnposVs2I4rQ5kvrf
• The artist ID is 20gsENnposVs2I4rQ5kvrf
Find your playlist ID by visiting your playlist page and copying the code behind open.spotify.com/playlist/
• Example: open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0yuTyG4DkZ3
• The playlist ID is 37i9dQZF1DX0yuTyG4DkZ3
Lastly, don't forget to click on "Create item" or "Update item" to enable your new follow-to-unlock option.
In case you encounter any difficulties adding a follow-to-unlock option, don't hesitate to contact us via support!